What is a MakerSpace?
A MakerSpace is a place where people can come together to use, and learn to use, materials as well as develop creative projects. MakerSpace promotes learning through play and is a place that can be used for a range of activities with flexible learning goals and creative purposes. We provide access via subscriptions and programs to a range of tools and equipment for designing and creating, using devices such as 3D printers, a laser etcher, soldering irons, an industrial sewing machine and overlocker, as well as a range of electronics (Raspberry Pi, Arduino).
Subscriptions (GST inclusive):
- Day pass: $15 per person (this includes 20 minutes of specialised advice from our technicians – bookings recommended)
- Annual adult subscription: $575 per person
- Annual student subscription: $375 per person
- Access cards: $50 for five sessions (5 x 20 minutes of specialised advice from our technicians – bookings recommended)
- Corporate subscriptions (negotiable).
Subscriptions are contingent on successfully completing an induction process and agreeing to the MakerSpace code of conduct. MakerSpace availability subject to key personnel. Materials charged extra.